Wednesday 30 November 2011

Typical girl or boy?

I would never have thought that there was a 'typical' girl or boy.
I don't think I would call myself a typical girl, I know Nothing about make up and don't see myself as dressing particularly girlie, though I do like a skirt and a tighter top than a mans tee.

When I was younger I felt I was in with the boys, climbed the trees, though there are very few that you can climb up here in the windy North, went to Scouts. Things like that.
To be honest, I guess I have never really thought about it.
What is girly and what is boyish?
I was just ....Me.

But my Darling, Mrs Goo?
Boy is she girly!
She loves nothing more than dressing up and failing that, she will choose a skirt/dress over trousers Everytime!
She Loves her long hair and loves getting me to curl it or put it up.

Every morning I put her hair up and she stands so still because she is sooo excited to see what I have done.
'Take a picture Mummy, so I can see it!'
At school, I insist that she has it pulled back completely, I am so paranoid about her getting nits in her gorgeous long hair.

Today though, was a day off (the school teachers are on Strike) so she got to wear it down.
Happy goo!
Here is Todays hairstyle.



Boys though, what are boys meant to like.
When I discovered that I was expecting a 'Mr Goo' I had that panic when you worry that you won't be as bonded to your second child, how can you love another as much as you do your first? Then the what do I do with a little boy? Girls I get, afterall, I am one. Boys??



Mr Goo is a funny wee man, though I am discovering that the things he loves are, typically, loved by most boys.
You cannot get him away from buttons!
Have not been able to since he was a toddling baby.

And spinning thing!
oh boy, seventh heaven!



His running obsession is CDs. Music in general he just Loves.
But, where you might find children carrying their favourite teddy/comforter, Mr Goo carries CDs. On his first finger, with the tip crooked so they don't fall off.
He has been known to have 7 or 8 stacked up, later complaining of his finger mysteriously hurting. hmm, can't think why ;)




Here he is with Daddy, doing his 'Most Muscular' pose.
It was only when I downloaded the images that I realised how different my children are.


Though, perhaps I should add. Mrs Goo loves to pull her 'Most Muscular' pose as often as Mr Goo does.
And, Mr Goo, for a Very very long time, requested Tinkerbell everytime he wanted to watch a DVD.


Who knows. Not sure there is anything 'typical' about them at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment