Friday 20 May 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy From the Heart


It has been so long since I have written Reasons to be cheerful, I think it is about time I did!
I re-found Mummy from the Heart the other day and realised what a lovely idea it was to look for the positives even when times are tough.

So here are mine this week.

Reason no 1
My house is Not selling.
Might seem like an odd reason to be cheerful but this is a good thing.
The way the market has gone we have had to drop our asking price, to the point of zero profits.
So hubs and I have decided that selling now might not be for the best. Perhaps in a couple of years.
However, to take it off the market costs over £200. So it will remain on for the time being.
If someone offers us the reduced price I feel we ought to sell. A bird in the hand. . . . . and all that jazz.
So I am happy that it is not selling for now.

Reason no 2
Dervish had his third taster session at Playgroup yesterday and seems to be really enjoying it!
I was really worried that he would be all clingy and scared but all he was scared by was the bell going as we were in the corridor, on our second visit.
On this third visit, he whimpered a little as he went in, but was Immediately distracted by glueing and sticking! haha
By the time I came back he was chattering away ten to the dozen and teh leaders had been finding him really funny!
Very proud of my little boy today!

Reason no 3
My children are happy.
In general they are happy wee beans and they get on well together.
I mean, I know they are only 4.5 and 2.5 and that this will not last forever. But, for now, it is lovely to see them together playing and laughing.
What more does any mother need?

3 comments:

  1. glad you are finding silver linings from your clouds! it is great to have kids to be proud of and love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love re-finding blogs that I lose, it happens all too often. Very glad you have found me again.

    I am also content when my little babes are all happy an playing ncie together.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the little ones are all doing so well. You are in a nice position about choosing whether or not to sell your house.

    ReplyDelete