Monday 11 April 2011

Daffy Down Dillys

It is the time of year to display all these beautiful Daffys, before they all die off.
We have rows and rows of them just down the lane. I pick some from all along, so that there are no bald patches.

This year I have a fancy new purple vase, my favourite colour! But it has a big wide top.
So I thought that I would need tons of the things to fill it or have them all hanging over the edge and all baldy in the middle.
I figured I would need some way of holding them centrally.
Raffia and that twisty bangy way?
Yeah, that's right, I have no idea how to do that snazzy trick!

So I looked around my house and came across, what I thought, was a Fantastic idea!

A Pint Glass!
Placed inside.
Hmm, looked a bit poo.

Needed jazzing up.
What to do, what to do...........

aha, TWINE!

ah, finally I remembered to take a photy
I started this by leaving the end up, and wrapping it around itself.
Bit dull though, don't you think?

Aha. BEADS!
I had to pull it all off again so that I could thread all the beads I had from the bunch DH gave me for Mothers Day.
I threaded them all on together then just placed them where I fancied as I continued to wrap the twine back on.

Much better
To finish, I left the last round loose, then tucked the end in and cut off the excess.

Darling B took a hold of the camera and caught me arranging the flowers.

What do you think?

I was really pleased with the way this worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment