Saturday 16 April 2011

Snow white does her maths

My Darling B has loved numbers for some time now.
I took a wee gee one time, nearly two years ago and made her some fabric numbers that she could practice putting into order.
I made them cos she loved sorting paper ones for me.
I would place them down, out of order, then count with her

So it goes 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 4, 7
No no, mummy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,
ah! I see, silly me! Then it finished 7, 9, 8, 10?
Nooo! silly mummy. 1, 2, 3, 4, .....

And so it went, with me getting just one or two numbers out of sinc and Darling B spotting it. This was when she was just shy of 3.5yrs.

Now, we add.
She places the numbers out on the floor in numerical order.
Chooses a number, practices writing it down on her chalk board.
Then, we have talked about plus signs and take away signs. So she writes down her symbol and chooses another number, popping on her equals sign.
Here she is, with her brother, ready to go.


Now the fun part!

You gotta jump on the first number.
Then, what is the second number?
That is how many you jump on.
Where have you landed?


Horray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment