Friday 11 March 2011

Apple Chips

Hmmmmm Apples!
I love a juicy Granny Smith.


But my little boy won't touch a bit of fruit?
No idea why, his sister is a huge fan.
We used to have to buy two bags of grapes at the shops because one of them would be devoured on the short trip home.

But my little boy has to be tricked into eating them. Smoothies are devoured, dried fruit is accepted and yoghurt coated stuff gobbled.

We once found some apple crisps somewhere in a big city and they were DELICIOUS!! But Expensive.
I tried trawling the internet to find them any cheaper but couldn't so I gave it up for an idea.


Recently though I came across this and had to give it a go.

I have had a few disasters, with not slicing well enough and having the heat on too high, then using baking paper that the whole lot got stuck too, very disappointing.
So I followed the recipe on the blog and looked into getting a silicone baking sheet, figuring it would be of use elsewhere anyway. It has been, cookies just lifted off!

I have not bothered with the lemon, sugar or cinammon that The Purple Foodies suggested, because I figured mine were going straight into a pre heated oven and I didn't want them sugared.
So all I have done is slice some apples, with a knife, as thinly as I could, laid them out on my new baking sheet and stuck them in the oven 80C.

My apple slices are in the oven now and I can't wait to try them!




They came out fantastic!!


And they went down a treat too!


I think I am going to have to make more.

2 comments:

  1. mmm they look yum! i do them with sweet potatoes, but never tried with fruit, so going to have to give that a go!!

    great blog, and it looks brill too!! (apropos the 'twitter' conversations...!)

    love tamsyn xxx (http://manic-mums.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good idea, and a great way of getting fruit into children who are'nt too keen on it,think I'm going to try my lot on some!
    Lovely blog, some interesting reading ahead.
    xx

    ReplyDelete